Monday, February 19, 2007

Why I prefer not to run my own business and be a distributor of intellectual information

GENERATE REVENUE WHILE YOU SLEEP POST10

www.elearningmassiveprofit.com

Why I prefer not to run my own business and be a distributor of intellectual information.

Correction.

I used to run a restaurant.

And now I have a counselling practice. Not a great way to generate revenue as I am still trading time for money, and trading time for money is one of the worse way to generate income. Although I must say that I am doing it because I love to help people. Having said that, I do not have freedom, as the moment I stop seeing clients, my income stops. I need to find another way.

(I am doing counselling now more because of my desire to help people, rather than to generate revenue. The explanation will be more clear when you read all the way to the end of this post).

And I used to be an employee.

So I have tasted the employee quadrant, the self employed quadrant. I didn't like it.

As an employee I had no freedom to decide where I work, when I work, how I work and with whom I work. I was at the mercy of my employer.

As a self employed, the business was owning me instead of me owning the business. Running the restaurant was sheer hard work and took up so much of my time, leaving me with no balance in my life. Remember, the key is balanced.

I need to find a way where I can work smart and not just work hard. Isn't that the buzzword now? Work smart, not work hard.

In mid 2004, I was introduced to Robert Kiyosaki cashflow quadrant. I fell in love with it. It made so much sense. I wished I had known about Robert Kiyosaki cash flow quadrant earlier, thereby saving myself from having to go through so many unnecessary hardships. (Since I have benefited from Robert Kiyosaki's cash flow quadrant, do you think there are many people out there who are looking but are not aware? I believe so).

Anyway, I think that sometimes in life, we need to go through what we do not want so that we have more clarity about what we truly want.

When we have tasted how sour a lemon is, from that experience, we know that we will not want to taste the sour lemon again in the future.

Whatever experiences you are going through is perfect, and is necessary for you to decide henceforth in which direction you should go, based on the conclusions that you have formed from the data that you have collected through your experiences.

Life requires us to make choices and to make adjustments along the way. It is a journey of discovery. "Failure" is never final, and every situation is an opportunity for us to learn and grow.

Let me come back again to more reasons why I prefer not to run my own business.

When we run our own business, we may have to take care of:

  • Product Creation and Development
  • Patenting
  • Manufacturing
  • Costing/Accounting
  • I.T.
  • Planning
  • Administration
  • Legal Matters
  • Public Relations
  • Government Relations
  • Warehousing
  • Shipping
  • Training
  • ???

Remember what I mentioned earlier about working smart and not working hard?

If we want to work smart and not work hard, we must find a system where all of the above is not done by us. And the only thing that we have to do is INTELLECTUAL DISTRIBUTION.

As far as I know right now, the only way we can do that right now is by being a distributor with a company that is doing all of the above except sales and marketing, meaning the sales and marketing aspect is done by the distributor, by me, with an opportunity for me to create a team of more distributors in my organisation so that I can leverage on my team and the team members in my team can leverage on their teams and so on.

The CEO of Microsoft is leveraging on his VPs, on his Managers, on his Middle Managers, on his Supervisors, on his Workers. His VP's are leveraging on their Managers, on their Middle Managers, on their Supervisors, on their Workers. The Middle Managers are leveraging on ......you get the message.

Leveraging is part and parcel of life. Bill Gates cannot run Microsoft on his own. He has to leverage on so many people.

The only way we can work smart is to leverage.

The only way we can increase our productivity without increasing the number of working hours is by leveraging.

Refer back to my post 01. If 99 people in my team give me one hour of their time each, including my own one hour, I will have 100 hours. My contribution is only one hour, but my total output is 100 hours. On my own I cannot have 100 hours. Impossible as I only have 24 hours, and minus working hours, sleeping hours etc, I hardly have 2 hours or less left at the end of a long day.

Do you understand what I am trying to explain about leveraging? Because if you do not understand, you will have issues with the people above you leveraging on you. Then, this business model is not for you. Stop reading right now.

If you cannot get over this concept where everyone leverages of everyone, you are not going to be happy participating in this business model and you are better off not participating in this business model. Remember what I mention earlier? That the CEO leverages on the rest in his organisation? Why didn't you object when he does that? Not only that, why are you afraid of being fired by him, when he leverages of you?

In the Insurance Industry, The Insurance Manager with a team of Insurance Agents leverages from his Agents.

In the Real Estate Industry, the Real Estate Boss/Managers leverages from the Real Estate Agents.

A parent leverages from the income of their children.

Are you comfortable with the concept of leveraging now? If you want to use this business model, get over it. If not, please leave.

In our business model of having a team of distributors, we can have many CEO's. In the Bill Gates business model, there is only one CEO.

In our business model, it is in our best interest that the distributor in out team outperform us and bring in more sales. We have no problem with that. It is good for him and it is good for us.

In the Bill Gates business model, his VP cannot outperform Bill Gates and take over his position as CEO. Why? Because there is only one position for CEO in his business model.

Robert Kiyosaki describes our business model as The business of people helping people.

Will I help the team of distributors in my organisation to perform better, when my welfare is tied to their welfare? Will I teach them everything I know or will I keep secrets because I do not want them to perform better than me?

The answer is obvious. YES. YES. YES.

I am now a distributor with two corporations. One is SKYQUESTCOM. A 7 year infocomm company rated number 7th by Deloitte in the Asia Pacific Region, growing at a phenomenal rate. Refer to my post no 06,

The other is a multibillion 32 years R&D MNC operating in 39 countries right now with an annual sales of US$2 billion.

SKYQUESTCOM is marketed mainly through the internet medium to anybody with an internet access and a computer. A global market.

go to www.skyquestcom.com/veryrich to join. Minimal fee to get the franchise.

As for the other company, email me at mail to robertkiyosakicashflow@yahoo.com to find out more.

I am much happier now, as I decide when I want to work, where I want to work, with whom I want to work, why I want to work and how I want to work.

I Have choices now and most importantly, freedom. And although I call it work, it is not really work. It is fun.

I invite you to join me and experience freedom.

Do you think that I can have the time to blog if I am in the employee or self employed quadrant?

Hardly. I will be pressed for time. All the time, unless I change quadrant.

What are you waiting for? Those who hesitate are lost.

Every moment is a moment of choice and every choice either moves you forward or holds you back.

"Your livelihood in the years to come will be determined by the choices you make today, by the strategies you select for building your Information Age business. Those who choose to build teams of distributors will be taking a step in the right direction"

"I cannot suceed in creating a team of distributors if the people in my team do not succeed. My committment to the people in my team is that I will teach you everything I know to make sure that you succeed" El Solaris RP

With the preenroller, a fully automated business system, doing this business is so simple that even my grandmother can do it.

www.elearningmassiveprofit.com

robertkiyosakicashflow@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rich Dad Affiliate!

You may know about the phenomenal success of Robert Kiyosaki and the Rich Dad® the best-selling books Rich Dad Poor Dad, the Rich Dad Advisor Series, and the newest book, Retire Young Retire Rich.

Additionally Rich Dad offers Audio Sets and the educational games CASHFLOW® 101 & 202 and CASHFLOW® for Kids™.

With the phenomenal success that Rich Dad® is enjoying, we would like you to participate in spreading the message.

Join the Rich Dad Affiliate Program and you can receive generous commissions on the sales you generate through your blog.


****